Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot presents the combination of monthly temperature or precipitation departures and El Nino index values.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 3 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 01 Nov 2021: Finally, a positive departure
- 16 Sep 2021: Recent Down Months
- 11 Aug 2021: Cedar Rapids Monthly Precip
- 30 Oct 2020: Developing La Nina
- 01 Nov 2019: Recent Wet Months
- 14 Nov 2018: Developing El Nino
- 31 Mar 2017: 25 Straight Months
- 04 Aug 2016: June Dry, July Wet
- 31 May 2016: Monthly Precip and El Nino
- 19 Oct 2015: Godzilla El Nino
- 01 Oct 2014: Another Cool Month
- 01 May 2014: Another cold month
- 02 Oct 2013: Recent Monthly Departures
- 29 May 2013: 6 inch departure
- 30 Nov 2012: Yet another well above average month
- 31 Oct 2012: Ending the streak
- 27 Sep 2012: Two cool months in a row?
- 16 Aug 2012: A below average month?
- 25 Oct 2011: Working on four months